Community Resources

Center for Women in Transition

24 hour crisis hotline in English and Spanish, 24 hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program, crisis intervention and advocacy for domestic violence and sexual assault, emergency shelter for abused women and their children.

Holland: 616-392-2829   Grand Haven: 616-392-2829
Crisis Line: 616-392-1970, 800-848-5991, 866-728-2131 (español)

Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC)

CAC provides collaborative investigation of child sexual abuse, crisis counseling and support groups, forensic medical examinations for victims and supportive family members. Call 616-393-6123 for more information.

Children’s Protective Services – Department of Human Services

Provides investigation and evaluation of referrals on child abuse and neglect, casework, counseling with parents and children, referral, parenting instruction, and removal and placement of children if necessary. Anyone may call with information about a reasonable suspicion of abuse or neglect of children in Ottawa County at 855-444-3911.

Department of Human Services

Aid to dependant children, food stamps, Medicaid. 616-394-7200 or


The Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center is a valuable resource for Head Start parents.  The website has information regarding the Head Start program as well as general parenting information.

Love Inc of the Tri-Cities

Clearinghouse for churches, referral services to families, food, clothing furniture, transportation, budget counseling, parenting, and life skills. 616-846-2701 or

MIChild – Health Insurance

MIChild is a health insurance program for uninsured children of Michigan’s working families. MIChild services are provided by many HMOs and other health care plans throughout the state. Covered services: regular checkups, immunizations, emergency care, dental care, pharmacy, hospital care, prenatal care and delivery, vision and hearing, mental health and substance abuse services. If your child qualifies, you pay only a $5/month premium. No co-pays or deductibles. 888-988-6300 or

Ottawa County Community Action Agency

Food distributions, home repair, home weatherization, home purchase programs, tax preparation, community gardens, home energy programs, budget counseling, utility payment assistance, and homeless prevention. 616-393-4433 or

Ottawa County Michigan Works

Provides employment and training assistance for youth and adults, employers and job seekers through a variety of federal and state funded programs. Employment services include job search and placement assistance, occupational training, and referral. Workshops, seminars, GED, and English as a Second Language. 616-396-2154 or

Salvation Army

Referral, emergency food, housing, utility, and prescription assistance. 616-392-4461 or